Dr. Fatima Al Rifai, PhD, RN
Advisor for Nursing Affairs, MOHAP
Secretary and Board member of UAE
- 2010 – to date - Secretary of the UAE Nursing and Midwifery Council (UAE NMC) and Board
- June 2014- to date- Advisor for nursing affairs for Ministry of Health. This role includes
providing guidance and consultations on nursing issues to MOH officials, the Nursing
Department and other Departments.
Other achievements and responsibilities
- Served as a short term consultant in to the UAE Women Union for the review and
development of the National Strategy to empower women in UAE (The health Sector) 2015-
- Chaired the WHO Global Leadership Consortium (GLC) for Nursing and Midwifery for the years
- Led and co-chaired the taskforce to set up the UAE Nursing and Midwifery Council (UAENMC).
- Developed a capacity building manual on Roles and Responsibilities of Government Chief
Nursing and Midwifery officers for WHO, 2015.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the International Council of Nurses 2017-2021
- Member of Sigma Theta International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Member of the International Editorial Board of International Nursing Review Journal (INR).
- Member of the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Nursing (AJN)
- Member of the Commission of the pathway to Excellence (PTE) – ANCC (American Nursing
Credentialing Center) till July 2014
- Member of the Commission on Magnet-ANCC starting July 2014
- Founder member of the Emirates Nursing Association (ENA) and a member of its Board
- Founder and Board member of UAE Nursing and Midwifery Council (UAE NMC) since 2010.
- Member of RAK University Advisory Board for Health Sciences
- Member of Fatima College Academic Advisory Board